Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Got a VBA!

Yes, that's a good thing. It doesn't require shots (unless you're counting celebratory alcohol-filled ones) or anything. It's the Versatile Blogger Award, and I'm ever so grateful to Bill at The Whims of Fairness for the nomination, because he's top notch. If you don't already do so, you should check out his work. It will make you laugh, and think, and maybe even want to punch a goat (possibly all at the same time). But you'll be glad you did, so there's that.


Upon receipt of my VBA, I apparently have several responsibilities, including:
  • Thanking the person who gave me the award (Done!)
  • Posting a link to their blog (Done! Look at me go!)
  • Selecting/nominating 15 other blogs
  • Telling the person who nominated me 7 things about myself

WHEW! With that, I present (in no particular order) my nominees:
  1. Cluegirl
  2. Dances With Fat
  3. Bean on Parade
  4. Gothic Charm School
  5. The Quiet Voice
  6. The Badger's Sett
  7. I Only Use My Fat Chick Superpowers For Good
  8. Natalie C. Parker (YA author extraordinaire, and all around fun person to know/read)
  9. Clef Notes
  10. Temerity Jane
  11. Transitions
  12. Screw 15 Minutes - I'm Going for 15 Years of Fame
  13. Tinker, Techie, Father, Guy
  14. The Daily KRuMB
  15. Hyperbole and a Half
I tried not to repeat Bill's list, as we know many of the same bloggers, but there's still some overlap. As my beloved Gram used to say, "It bears repeating."


And now, stuff about me:
Original Casa de Peg (NE Michigan - Sunrise Side)
  1. I can say the alphabet backwards. I'm pretty fast, too. I got on the radio for doing it in 3.5 seconds.
  2. I am happiest when I'm near natural bodies of water. I grew up across the street from Lake Huron (see? -->), and we had a pond in our yard, so it's always been a thing. Moving to Texas made that tricky, but then I found White Rock Lake and that made life better. Still, I hated to tell my Texan friends that not everything is bigger in Texas; from my perspective, if you could see the other side of the body of water then it's a large pond. No less lovely, to be sure, but my first lake was a fresh water ocean, so...
  3. I'm so contrary that I can't even tell myself what to do. I've seriously had the "You're not the boss of me!" argument with myself. In my own head. More than once. Shaddup.
  4. I spent a good portion of my teenage years studying and practicing to be a classical flutist. My teacher had to forcibly pry me away from French impressionist composers. I must have been pretty good, as I beat out more than 70 others for one seat in the Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra, but then I discovered that teenage classical musicians (and many other aged ones, too) are snobs. Show an interest in any other form of music and somehow you're viewed as debasing your training. Ugh. I decided to take a chance doing something that wouldn't instantly guarantee hating all my co-workers. Happy to say this has been a largely successful strategy.
  5. I crewed a documentary on anime that's shown at film festivals in 5 countries across North America, Europe, and Asia. My geek cred knows no bounds!
  6. At a rooftop party at SXSW Film Festival, I watched my friend trip and spill beer all over The Dude. It took him almost 10 minutes to notice—10 of what could arguably be called the most epic minutes of my life up to that point.
  7. My first crush? Will Robinson from Lost in Space.
So there you have it - random things about me, and some juicy new blogs to explore. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment