Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Loud Brain*

Help me, internets! I'm new to this whole public blogging thing and I'm not sure of the protocol. Do I introduce myself? It seems a bit, I don't know, sudden or presumptuous to just start spilling my thoughts onto the pixelated page.

But hey, there's a reason my name is Square Peg. I'm one of those grown ups who is old enough to know better, but frequently doesn't act that way. I'm waiting for that awkward moment when I enter a room and it literally reverts to grade school (instead of that metaphorical "High School Never Ends" state we all know and love loathe), with everyone pointing at me, saying, "Look at you, ya big FAKER!"

Yes, I'm an awkward teenager in a grown up suit.

(Those of you who know me IRL shaddup! Your help is not helpful!)

ANYhoodle...

I'm noticing as I type this that my brain is a noisy place. I guess that's the double-edged sword of being a music-based life form. A couple of key words and suddenly *BAM!* I've got a lyrics snippet in my head, which turns into a full-blown song and then I get all distractimicated (yes, internets, that's what I meant to type) by the song in my mental jukebox.

And if it's not music, then it's a quote from a movie/TV show/comedian. I hear Eddie Izzard in my head a lot with his oh-so-British "I-don't-know-how-to-wrap-this-up" phrase... So, yeah.

Occasionally it's Jerry Seinfeld and his "Ever notice how... blah blah observational comedy schtick here."

So yes, it's loud inside my brain. And now maybe by sharing this, some of it will rub off on you, internets.

Muahahaha!

*ahem*

I mean, "You're welcome."



*So as you can see, internets, I didn't mean my brain is loud is the same way that chartreuse, fuchsia and purple plaid is loud. I don't know why I felt the need to clarify, but there you have it.

1 comment:

  1. My own brain is a little on the noisy side, too. No wonder I adore you.

    ReplyDelete